Snowbird Security, LLC is always seeking new contracts throughout the State of Maine, and is always accepting applications for per diem security guards. Per diem security guards are not guaranteed a set number of hours, but may be offered full time or part time positions when they become available. May require night, weekend, and holiday work. Prior law enforcement, corrections, military, or security experience preferred. CLEAN BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRIVING RECORD REQUIRED. Must meet the Maine requirements to work as a security guard. Background check paperwork will be provided if you receive a conditional offer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- While ensuring the security and safety of the client’s property and personnel, you will record and report any activities and incidents at the site.
- Routinely patrols client site to inspect and check for discrepancies. Patrols will be done on foot and/or in an assigned patrol vehicle.
- Ensures compliance with site policies pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
- Limits access to the client site or facility through the entry control process.
- Completes logs and reports as required by client site directives.
- Exact duties and responsibilities may vary and will be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all duties and responsibilities listed here. Duties and responsibilities, in addition to those listed here, may be assigned or modified, according to the needs of the business.
- With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and psychological requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly; intermittent reaching with hands and arms, crouching, kneeling, bending and/or crawling.
- Repeated sitting, standing and walking; which may be required for extended durations, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Additional physical requirements could include lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds frequently and intermittent lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Must have reliable mode of transportation, and form of communication (i.e. smartphone).
- Must have a basic ability to use computer and mobile device technology.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet the standards set forth in M.R.S.A. Title 32 §9410-A. SECURITY GUARD QUALIFICATIONS.